Responsible for the recruitment, training, and supervision of all volunteers. Leads and oversees all aspects of volunteer management including approving volunteer applicants, completing background checks, placing and training volunteers. Must have sound communication and organizational skills, the capacity to lead small and large groups of volunteers, and public speaking skills.
- Program Management and Development (70%)
- Responsible for screening all potential volunteers and walking them through the on-boarding process. Provide training alongside program directors on the policies of Casa and their volunteer role. Provide continued training and connection opportunities for volunteers.
- Track and manage all volunteer data, including but not limited to CPP compliance, active or inactive status, and updating contact information on a quarterly basis. Create tools for program staff to track volunteer hours and process that data quarterly for reporting purposes.
- Communicate regularly with program staff on programming needs. Regularly update recruiting avenues to reflect current needs.
- Develop and implement trainings to increase volunteer understanding of and engagement in the mission and vision of the organization. Develop or partner with other organizations to provide training and tools for volunteers to better engage with their specific program.
- Work with program directors to host an annual thank you event for all active volunteers
- Relationships Management (30%)
- Act as the point of contact for organizations that recruit volunteers (ex: Volunteer Alexandria) and update those platforms with current volunteer needs.
- Act as the point of contact for programs placing interns/ long term volunteers. Work alongside the Program Director to interview and place them, at as the point of contact between the school/ organization for all logistics of the internship/ volunteer placement.
- Develop volunteer program
- Complete screenings and training for potential volunteers (excluding mentor volunteers)
- Work with staff to assess volunteer needs
- Develop and promote volunteer opportunities, including internships
- Train and assign volunteers. Provide oversight, direction and mentoring; develop and communicate clear expectations to assess the effectiveness of volunteers, both within teams and individually
- Assisting colleagues regarding volunteer engagement. Maintain harmonious team/employer/volunteer relations
- Assist staff in visiting church partners and other public venues in order to recruit additional volunteers
- Assist program directors in creating, executing and analyzing volunteer surveys
- Develop and/or enhance measures to gauge volunteer retainment
- Provide resources for volunteers in their respective roles
- Perform or assist with any operations, as required to maintain workflow, meet staff deadlines and quality requirements.
- Meet with local churches, nonprofits and other agencies who partner with the organization in order to recruit volunteers.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Manifest evidence of personal faith in Jesus Christ, knowledge of the scriptures, and a theological perspective that aligns with Casa Chirilagua’s Core Values.
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to cultivate external relationships in support of the mission and vision of Casa Chirilagua.
- Demonstrates leadership, leads by example, and creates the environment that empowers and encourages others to lead.
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills in both English and Spanish, preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and public speaking communication skills in English. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Salesforce and other specialty software applications.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent plus additional specialized training is preferred.
- “Darkness to Light” training required.
- Over one and up to three years of related experience is preferred.
All applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and statement of faith to email@example.com