Dear Casa Chiri Family,
As we enter into this season of grateful celebration, I want to reflect and give thanks for the many blessings that have come our way, and for God’s amazing provision. Here are just a few to share:
1) Growing staff team of Casa Chiri – Julio Hernandez, Kids Club Director; Adriana Gomez, Middle School Director; Sarah Beaumont, Development Director; Tim Kuhn, Kids Club Assistant
2) Opening of our Middle School program – Now serving 15 students who have graduated out of Casa Chiri programs
3) A Strong and involved parents group – We had 31 parents show up for our parent meeting on Friday focused on combating “Bullying”
4) Expansion of the Mentoring Program – We now have a staff member dedicated to managing the Mentoring program which facilitates and supports 60 mentor-mentee relationships!
5) Spring to Action – An online giving campaign that raised over $40,000 for Casa Chiri in one day!
Just this past week, we were approved by a local foundation for a $15,000 three year grant for the Middle School program! We are overcome with gratefulness for God’s provision and the growth of the work and ministry of Casa Chiri.
Please stay on the look-out over the next few weeks for “Alternative” holiday giving opportunities through Casa Chirilagua.
May we all enjoy giving thanks together as we reflect on our many blessings!
Join us at our Upcoming Events!
Imagine: Bring Hope to Life: Few tickets are remaining! Join us on Thursday evening at 7:00 PM at Busboys and Poets in Shirlington for live music, drinks and hors devours as we listen to the community cast their vision for the future.
Casa Chirilagua Christmas Party: Join us for the annual Casa Chiri Community Christmas party! Come encourage our students as they perform their presentations and stay for a Central American feast. Please bring a dish of food to share. Dec 8th at 6:00 PM at Grace Episcopal Church